Foote Insurance | Auto Insurance
page-template,page-template-full_width,page-template-full_width-php,page,page-id-21986,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,select-theme-ver-3.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-,vc_responsive

Auto Insurance

There are several things each of us do each day and just about all of them involve riding in or driving a car.


From work and back home, running errands around town or shuttling the kids to and from all their different activities. We all have places to go, things to do and people to see. For some a car is merely something that gets you from “Point A” to “Point B” while others it is a form of expressing their personality. No matter what your car is used for or what it says about you, Foote Insurance has the coverage options you need.


While most of us may complain about the monthly toll  insurance premiums take on our pocketbook each month, it is important to understand what you are getting for your money and how insurance will actually save you in more ways than one in the event of an accident.


Bodily Injury Liability


  • This coverage comes in to effect whenever you or any driver on your policy is at fault in a car accident and causes bodily injury to others.  Coverage is also extended to people given permission to drive your car.  Common claims associated with Bodily Injury Liability include medical bills incurred by the other party due to the accident, future pain and suffering as well as loss of income and quality of life.  Those expenses can add up fast and without an auto policy you would be left to pay those out of your own pocket.
  •  While the State of Utah requires a minimum limit of $25,000 per person and $65,000 per occurrence, we can increase those coverages for a fraction of the overall cost to better protect you and your assets.  Typical limits are either $50,000-$100,000 per person and $100,000-$300,000 per occurrence.


Property Damage Liability


  • Chances are if your car comes into contact with anything other than the road to its wheels, it is going to cause some damage.  Most likely it will be another car but could also include a fence, a street light pole or even a house.  All of these cases would fall under the Property Damage Liability portion of your policy.  Money paid out in these claims would go to repairing and restoring whatever damage was caused by your vehicle.
  • The State of Utah requires a minimum limit of $15,000.  As with Bodily Injury Liability, you may be financially responsible for any property damages in excess of your coverage limit.  We can increase this section to between $50,000 and $100,000 to further protect you


Comprehensive Coverage and Deductible


Damage to your vehicle resulting from several different causes falls under the Comprehensive Coverage portion of your auto policy.  Just about anything other than a collision would apply.  Things such as:

  • Damage to your windshield or other glass on the car
  • Damage caused by contact with a animals
  • Theft
  • Hail or Windstorms
  • Falling Objects
  • Vandalism, Fire or Malicious Mischief


Comprehensive Deductibles typically range from $100 to $500.  Some of our companies also offer options to waive the comprehensive deductible in the event a glass claim.


Collision Coverage and Deductible


  • As previously noted, if you are ever involved in an at fault accident, along with damage to someone else’s car, you may also incur damage to your own-thus the need for Collision Coverage.  Claims paid out under this section, subject to the chosen deductible, go towards the necessary repairs on your own vehicle.  From minor dents and dings to a major car body restoration- you will be covered.
  • Collision Deductibles typically range from $500-$1000.
  • In the event your are leasing a vehicle or have a loan with a financial institution they will require you to carry both Comprehensive and Collicion Coverage.

Uninsured Motorist & Under-Insured Motorist Coverage


Some drivers out on the road are not quite as smart or responsible as you and decide, due to various circumstances, to operate their vehicle without adequate insurance protection or none at all.  While this is not only against the law it also puts all the other drivers out on the road at risk.  While not required by State Law, each auto policy we write includes Uninsured Motorist and Under-Insured Motorist Coverage to protect you and your passengers against damages caused by such drivers.

  • Commonly referred to as “UM and UIM” under this section of your policy coverage is provided to pay for any Bodily Injury you or your passengers receive from a driver who at fault in the accident and is Uninsured or Under-Insured.  Another situation where UM and UIM would take effect would be a “Hit and Run” where the responsible party is unable to be contacted because they fled the scene.
  • The limits for UM and UIM typically match what your own Bodily Injury limits are.  For example if you carry limits of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence your UM and UIM limits would also be $100,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence.

Personal Injury Protection or “PIP”


  • Under this portion of your policy you are able to receive financial assistance to cover basic treatment for Bodily Injury you or your passengers suffer in the event of an accident.
  • PIP limits are typically $3000-$5000.


Towing and Rental Reimbursement Coverage


  • As an additional coverage option on your auto policy, in the event you are ever in the need of roadside assistance or towing, each of our companies can include provisions to help get you and your car back on the road or to the nearest service station.  Other benefits provided may include filling your tank if you run out of gas or changing a flat tire.
  • Towing coverage is typically $50-$100.
  • Rental Reimbursement will take care of the cost to provide you with a replacement vehicle if your own is not working due to a covered loss.
  • Rental Reimbursement is typically $30 a day with a $900 a month limit.
  • While both these coverages are optional, it may be very beneficial to pay the small amount in premium to get help bail you out in a tough situation.


No secret to anybody who gets behind the wheel, driving is a serious responsibility and requires the utmost attention.  We have all heard the statistics on how many cars are stolen, accidents happen, millions of dollars are spent and even lives lost because of driving.  While it is the law to carry auto insurance if you own or operate a car, with so much at stake, your policy is there to protect you and others while out on the road.
Whether you have a perfect driving record or have had some tickets or claims in the past, Foote Insurance can place your Auto Policy with any number of our carriers to make sure you stay protected on the road no matter where you are.  From a “Liability Only” policy to “Full Coverage” we will see to it you have a policy that fits your needs.


Full Name (required)

Email Address (required)

Phone Number (required)

Street Address, City, Zip Code

Insurance Type